As many of you know, the Friendship Baptist Center is currently taking resumes for a permanent Executive Director for the Center. The Board wants to make sure that everyone knows about this opportunity and that we are currently accepting resumes for the position. If you are interested, please email the Friendship Baptist Center at email@example.com or mail your resume to Friendship Baptist Center, PO Box 41188, Des Moines, IA 50314. We are accepting resumes through September 19th, 2017.
For those interested in this position, consider these qualifications and duties:
Friendship Baptist Center
Job Description for Executive Director
Mission and Partnership
- Mission: The Friendship Baptist Center exists to see the people of the community cared for with the love and truth of Christ and incorporated into a caring church community.
- The Friendship Baptist Center staff will develop and execute its own ministry strategies to fulfill its mission and also partner with other ministries to fulfill its mission.
- The Friendship Baptist Center is a 501c3 organization.
Executive Director Qualifications:
- Requires a commitment to the Friendship Baptist Center mission, its core values and a vision for community ministry.
- Strong organizational skills, self-starter with initiative to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A “people person” who loves people and has a heart to genuinely engage people.
- Prefer a master’s level degree in Divinity, Social Work, Business or equivalent.
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years’ experience in ministry or community service work.
- Must be member of Baptist Convention of Iowa church (or become member upon hiring).
- Reports to and is accountable to the Board of Directors of the Friendship Baptist Center.
- To take primary responsibility planning, implementing, and expanding the Center’s ministry including the operation of the building.
- To represent the Center’s ministry in the community and be a liaison to ministry partners.
- To develop ministry partnerships with individuals, churches, and other organizations to develop the Center’s ministry.
- To recruit, train, and supervise paid and volunteer staff.
- To help maintain a pleasant, comfortable, clean and safe Center environment.
- To be responsible for the Center’s finances including an annual budget and monthly reports for the Board of Directors of the Friendship Baptist Center.
- To be responsible for the financial development (fund raising efforts) for the Center.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range and benefit package will be explained at interview.
If you have any questions, please call the Center at 515.244.1701 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org